About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
We are currently seeking a Field Engineer to join the company. This role will work as part of a team and contribute to the advancement of the Cathx SOLID Product Suite including Computer vision algorithms, Image and point cloud processing and UI development.
This role will report to the Customer Operations Manager. and will be based in our facility at the M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co Kildare. This role will however, involve significant travel up to 60% of the time.
- Perform field installations and carry out calibration and repair of equipment
- Provide remote support to clients via email Skype and remote system access
- Assist customers in data acquisition on critical missions
- Provide detailed, actionable recommendations back to Hardware and Software teams on the system based on field trips and feedback from clients
- Assist with the development of new Hardware and Software releases.
- Accurate and thorough completion of job reports in a timely basis, and all open customer tickets are kept up to date with latest developments
There will be an initial period of 1 month of in house and external training. This training will cover the imaging and laser profiling systems, Robotics systems, GIS and inertial navigation equipment as well as 3D modelling. Once completed, the position will be comprised of site based work in Ireland and / or worldwide travel which may be up to 60% over the course of a year.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualifications – A Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years field service / customer support background and/or 1-5 years manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of electronic equipment
- Experience in any or all of the following areas is a plus: working in the Oil and Gas industry, sub-sea surveying, ROV/AUV maintenance.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
a. Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
b. Clear and concise verbal and written communications
c. Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques
d. Self-motivated with ability to work alone or within a larger team.
e. Ability to work with limited supervision
f. Working knowledge of Oscilloscope’s, isolation meters, function generators
g. Working software knowledge of MS office
h. Ability to work in a team environment
i. Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings
j. Ability to work with hand tools with confidence
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at http://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement