About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic research, Environmental monitoring and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
About the Role
We are currently seeking Production Technician to join the company. This role will focus on ensuring that the methods, designs and processes utilised across the production and new product introduction processes are as efficient and effective as possible and to lead continuous improvement efforts in these areas.
Working as part of the Operations Team this role will report directly to the Production Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Production Technician will be responsible for providing Manufacturing excellence through Engineering support for all production related activities across the business.
The Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Product Assembly & testing
- Product Repairs
- Disassembly, replacing components, repairing configuration and re-assembly of products in accordance with process documentation and manufacturing procedures.
- Monitoring equipment performance – reporting on any out of specification issues and performance.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving issues – identify root cause of problems, provide written summaries of findings.
- Quality testing – ensure that products are tested to the latest revision and are configured to accordingly.
- Implementing new processes to improve production providing feedback an input to assist with the resolution of product and process issues.
- Liaising with Engineering on the introduction of new product lines.
- Follow good ESD practices and maintain a clean and organised work area.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following minimum requirements
- Basic Knowledge of Electrical\Electronics required.
- Preference for Certificate in Electronics\Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer Literacy – Word, Excel, Visio.
- Previous relevant experience desirable but not essential.
- First interview – experience and fit assessment
- Second Interview
- Skill Assessment\Case Study.
- Practical Assessment of skills.
- Offer to be made after second round.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at http://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement