About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic research, Environmental monitoring and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join the company. This role will focus on delivery of our software roadmap which is revolutionising the collection and processing of subsea image and measurement data. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and growing and talented team of software engineers that form a part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
Data collected with Cathx subsea imaging products form the basis of an advanced subsea machine vision and machine learning system that has been in development for five years.
This role will report to the CTO and will be based in our Dublin office at DCU Alpha in Glasnevin Dublin 9.
Our software development areas
Cathx systems are deployed globally on Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV) and Remotely Operated Vehicles(ROV) in a range of subsea applications. Our systems have been developed for automation and our software development roadmap aligns our current customer needs with our vision to deliver full real-time automation to the subsea industry in the next three years. The following areas are central to our current software development activities:
- Integration of Cathx Ocean data with existing industry standard inspection and visualisation tools for review of 2D (image) and 3D (point cloud data) including geo-spatial visualisation and asset management tools.
- Development of high speed Mosaic and 3D colour point cloud tools for on ship and on shore inspection of subsea structures and seabed.
- Development of a machine learning platform using data collected from today’s offshore imaging and measurement data and providing mechanisms to compare and analyse future data sets across single assets and similar assets.
- On ship processing capabilities for image mosaic generation, 3D point cloud generation, merging meta data to achieve automated eventing and classification using machine learning.
- Development of real time processing solutions in all areas through embedded software and hardware systems
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following minimum requirements
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science\Engineering and demonstrable professional development post-graduation.
Minimum of 10 years software development experience with at least 7 years proven experience leading and managing software development in a growing technology company.
Will have successfully implemented robust software delivery and release processes and will have working experience of common and best practice software development processes.
Experience working in the development of and or management of teams of software engineers in high growth start up’s, and/or with organisations delivering disruptive technologies.
Experience in developing and/or managing the development in some of the following technical areas:
- Image processing, computer vision and machine vision
- 3D data visualisation and review using point cloud and or image data in a geo spatial environment.
- Processing of 2D and or 3D data using feature recognition, automated event detection and classification using machine vision and machine learning algorithms
- Data management tools and cloud based data technologies
Role and responsibilities
The successful candidate will also have demonstrable experience and knowledge in the following areas that define the expectations in this role.
- Defining and meeting strategic technical and commercial objectives in relation to technology and software product development
- Long and Short Term Technical Program Management
- Creation and leadership of high-end talent development and mentorship programs
- Leadership and development of high-performance multi-disciplinary technical teams, including Business Analysis, Architecture, Development and Quality Assurance
- Technical team management with strong business acumen including recruitment and performance management
- Creating, managing and delivering on technology road maps
- Championing and managing innovative new products from inception through development to launch
- Managing senior executive c-level, sales team and customer relationships and expectations
- Budget Development and Management
- A facilitator with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- capable of presenting complex technical solutions to non-experts in a concise, articulate and easy to understand way.
The successful candidate will be required to create an annual business unit plan for the Software business unit that includes consideration of product roadmap, people, budget and customer needs.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at http://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement