About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join the company technical\product delivery team.
Cathx Ocean wishes to appoint a Technical Writer.
We are looking for a technical writer with a background in a Hardware and/or software industry and experience of writing Technical documents and manuals for of varying degrees of complexity to meet the needs of customers, partners, and employees.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
The role will report to the Product Manager.
The role will be based in Naas Co. Kildare
Technical Documentation Development: Develop technical documentation which include but not limited to;
- System Technical Requirements Documents (TRD’s)
- Product user manuals
- Product Specification documents
- Production manuals and other internal process documentation
- Software release documents
- Customer facing video content
Key Responsibility 2: Interact proactively with members of the product management, engineering, customer support, and sales and marketing teams to continuously improve the existing documentation.
Content Management: Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team.
Document: Translate complex technical concepts into understandable and easy-to-use documentation
Documentation Management and Process: Initiate, plan and manage new documentation projects.
- Work closely with stakeholders to assess objectives
- Deliver a documentation plan
- Hit milestones in Doc plan
- Deliver a completed document
- Continuously improve the existing documentation
Skills / Background & Qualifications
- Diploma/post graduate in Technical communication or Engineering or Computer Science
- 2-3 years’ experience as a documentation specialist or technical writer for Hardware and/or software products.
- Technical writing, instructional design and editing skills.
- Proven ability to adhere closely to corporate style, terminology, and conventions
- Ability to maintain, enhance and enforce documentation style guidelines.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to multitask and manage own workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work within team deadlines.
- Demonstrates a solid interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of working with image editing tools.
- Fluency in English.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with multiple and remote teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working with programming languages.
- Experience with advanced photography concepts
- Experience writing documentation for hardware applications
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at http://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement