About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer to join the company. This role will work as part of a team and contribute to the advancement of the Cathx SOLID Product Suite including Computer vision algorithms, Image and point cloud processing and UI development.
Software is central to all Cathx products which typically deploy embedded software on a Linux ARM based platform with a range of software products for Data Processing and Visualisation, Realtime Control and Machine Learning. The software products are developed in C++, C# and running in a Windows environment.
This role will report to the Test Lead. and will be based in our Dublin office at DCU Alpha in Glasnevin Dublin 9.
- Estimating test efforts along with identifying hardware, software and any other requirements
- Working closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure they are testable and can be automated
- Defining and writing test plans and cases based off of requirements documents
- Scheduling and executing test cases, logging results and defects and following issues through to resolution and escalating issues where appropriate
- Working closely with developers and Product Owners to continually refine software test requirements and provide feedback on user scenarios.
- Provide feedback on system design (functional and technical).
- Automation of regression test cases where applicable
- Identify gaps in testing process and offer suggestions on how to improve
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualifications – Minimum of Bachelors Degree in computer Science\Engineering.
- Relevant experience – 3+ years industry experience in a Test Engineering role.
- Python and/or Bash scripting experience
- Linux and windows environment experience
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in test process definition and implementation
- Experience in JIRA or similar test defect/case tracking tool
- Degree in a computer related discipline,
- Experience in designing, developing, executing and reporting on performance tests
- Experience with internet protocols including UDP and TCP/IP.
- ISTQB qualification
- Familiarity with embedded systems
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at http://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement