About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
We are currently seeking an Test Lead to join the company. This role will work as part of a team and contribute to the advancement of the Cathx SOLID Product Suite including Computer vision algorithms, Image and point cloud processing and UI development.
Software is central to all Cathx products which typically deploy embedded software on a Linux ARM based platform with a range of software products for Data Processing and Visualisation, Realtime Control and Machine Learning. The software products are developed in C++, C# and running in a Windows environment.
This role will report to the Customer Operations Manager. and will be based in our Dublin office at DCU Alpha in Glasnevin Dublin 9 and/or the Cathx Ocean Facility in M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co Kildare.
- Build out Test plans and schedules for software development projects. Agree timelines and schedules with technical lead. Monitor and report on progress
- Participate in test events
- Work with other engineering leads and managers to schedule the time of subject matter experts for test events if and when required
- Plan, manage and report any system test events using external facilities both in Ireland and abroad
- Ensure that testing processes and procedures are agreed with stakeholders, documented and published
- Contribute to the delivery of the software automation strategy for software and firmware
- Ensure the status of tickets in JIRA reflect the most recent changes in the project.
- Supporting the production teams during system functional testing
- Assist in resolving customer support issues if and when required.
- Mentor and coach new Test resources
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualifications – Minimum of Bachelors Degree in computer Science\Engineering.
- Relevant experience – 6+ years industry experience in a Test Engineering role with at least 2 in a Test lead role
- Windows / Linux networking and OS experience
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and build effective relationships across the business
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in test process definition and implementation
- Experience in JIRA or similar test defect/case tracking tool
- Degree in a computer related discipline,
- Experience in designing, developing, executing and reporting on performance tests
- Experience with internet protocols including UDP and TCP/IP.
- ISTQB qualification
- Familiarity with embedded systems
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at http://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement