About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean designs and manufactures advanced subsea imaging & precision measurement systems for underwater vehicles and robots. Our products and services are based on advanced imaging and laser systems, designed to reduce and eliminate the ship from subsea operations through automation and robotic systems intelligent processing of acquired data.
Our products today are used on specialist underwater vehicles to perform critical and difficult inspection and measurement for Oceanography, Energy, Salvage and environmental monitoring in water depth up to six kilometres. Our ambition is to accelerate the development of underwater robotic automation systems for uncrewed and autonomous vessels through unique and patented systems and services allowing ocean image information to be collected and processed in real time and in scale.
Cathx Ocean wishes to appoint a Senior Product Manager with a passion for customer-centred product design and development in a highly technical arena covering underwater imaging systems and software tools for digital 3D visualisation, inspection and automation using machine vision and artificial intelligence.
The role requires a strong technical ability across many engineering disciplines and a strong track record of customer-centric product design and development.
- Hosting workshops with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to validate and develop product roadmaps based on assumptions such as market size, pricing, and competitors
- Creating, prioritising, and executing Product requirement documents and updating Product roadmaps based on SMT’s strategic vision in conjunction with engineering, project management, sales, marketing, and support
- Attending product development stand-ups in the product owner role as defined in the NPI process
- Review and summarize market analysis for presenting to the SMT with recommendations and justifications – i.e. identify product/solution fit by sector, direct R&D investment, and manage product/service lifecycle-based on the market fit
- Meeting with clients to gain more insight into any products under development and is the ‘voice of the customer’ in any discussions around features being developed., and presenting our product range to the client
- Presenting product updates to the company
- Hands-on role working across departments to deliver new products to the sales channel
- Providing the appropriate product detail to the level it can be delivered by a cross-functional delivery team. This can include software, hardware, functional and non-functional requirements, and UX
- Understand the competition and deliver a sustainable competitive advantage through product performance monitoring and continuous improvement
- Analyse and report on market trends, identifying opportunities for the Cathx suite of products and services
- Understand and assess the market and product fit to the market, strategic differentiation, the problem we are solving and the value proposition to inform the product roadmap
Who you are
- Strong technically with an interest in the industry and technologies being used
- You have a deep curiosity for customer needs and an ability to distil complex needs into easy-to-understand product requirements
- You are smart and can think on your feet, with an ability to collect and process many inputs from customers and stakeholders
- You will have strong analytical skills and a capacity to make good decisions based on validated and tested assumptions
- You will have strong communication skills with an ability to present complex technical and engineering matters in a simple way
- You will use your influence and skills to create direction and a sense of purpose for yourself and others
- Able to understand and communicate the company vision from both business and technology perspectives while also being tactically focused
- You can demonstrate collaborative leadership, being able to lead across multiple functions, beyond R&D: quality assurance, product management and operations
- You support business development, including all activities to help secure financing for the organisation
- You have the ability to assess day to day challenges quickly, make informed decisions and implement solutions
Skills / Background & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 year’s successful Product Management experience in a related technology or product area. Experience in subsea imaging, sonar or optical sensors, experience in 3D optical and photographic models and data processing products will be viewed favourably
- Engineering/Computer Science degree, equivalent third level qualification or appropriate experience
- Product Engineering leadership acumen with strong decision-making capabilities
- Previous experience in subsea or land-based survey technologies and successful cloud/SAAS developments
- Proven track record of product management in an imaging, gaming, 3D visualisation or a relevant environment
- Technical acumen and awareness in the form of a technical qualification and/or track record in successfully developing, marketing and managing technical and / or scientific and / or industrial products, in an industrial or related sector
- Capacity to travel as required
Please Note: Technical or domain knowledge is a key requirement for this role. This role requires a strong technical leadership and business development ability that requires strong technical and commercial skills.
A detailed compensation plan will be agreed upon with the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV to email@example.com