About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine vision. We have developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how to see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented C++/C# Software Developer to join our experienced software design team which works on expanding possibilities of image acquisition, machine vision, data processing and visualisation. You will contribute to the advancement of the current offering of products which include ARM based embedded software, Linux/Windows based data processing applications and Windows based User Interfaces.
You will work as part of a team which is currently located between Limerick, Naas and Dublin offices in Ireland and remote office in Brno, Czechia. The role can be based in any of these locations.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Participate in full software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, and operations of subsea imaging solutions
- Design and develop creative solutions to challenging problems
- Cooperate with hardware engineering teams working on development of subsea imaging equipment
- Support customer operation staff on their subsea survey missions
- Maintain existing software products
- Assist in the generation of tests for the QA team
- Minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 4+ years software development experience using C#, .NET, C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge/Experience of using design patterns such as MVVM
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability of operating with a large degree of independence
- Experience with issue tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience with source control platforms such as GIT
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
Familiarity with the following is not required but would be advantageous:
- Image processing algorithms and/or use of OpenCV
- Linear algebra, 3D geometry, and numerical optimisation
- Robotics, machine learning, point cloud processing
- Nvidia Jetson targeted application development
- Microsoft Azure App Development
- OpenGL or DirectX development
- ASP.NET Web Development
- Microsoft Azure Dev Ops
- An interest in pursuing machine learning development
- Knowledge or experience of sonar data types such as SAS or Multibeam
Remuneration and Benefits
The company offers a very competitive salary, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times and the opportunity to visit R&D facilities in Ireland. The company encourages and supports professional learning and development, and personal health and well-being via various activities and events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com