About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
Cathx Ocean wishes to appoint a Director of Product Management with a passion for customer-centred product design and development in a highly technical arena, covering Cathx-patented underwater imaging systems and software tools for digital 3D visualisation, inspection and automation using machine vision and artificial intelligence. The role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
This role requires a strong technical ability across multiple engineering disciplines and a strong track record of customer-centric product design and development.
Who you are
- You have a deep curiosity for customer needs and an ability to distil complex needs into easy to understand product requirements
- You are smart and can think on your feet, with an ability to collect and process many inputs from customers and stakeholders
- You will have strong analytical skills and a capacity to make good decisions based on validated and tested assumptions
- You will have strong communication skills with an ability to present complex technical and engineering matters in a simple way
- You will use your influence and skills to create direction and a sense of purpose for yourself and others
- Able to understand and communicate the company vision from both business and technology perspectives while also being tactically focused
- You can demonstrate collaborative leadership, being able to lead across multiple functions, beyond R&D: quality assurance, product management and operations
- You support business development, including all activities to help secure financing for the organisation
- You have the ability to assess challenges quickly, make informed decisions and implement solutions
Skills / Background & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 year’s successful Product Management experience in a related technology or product area. Experience in subsea imaging, sonar or optical sensors, experience in 3D optical and photographic models and data processing products will be viewed favourably.
- Engineering/Computer Science degree, equivalent third level qualification or appropriate experience
- Product Engineering leadership acumen with strong decision-making capabilities
- Previous experience in subsea or land-based survey technologies and successful cloud/SAAS developments
- Proven track record of product management in an imaging, gaming, 3D visualisation or a relevant environment
- Technical acumen and awareness in the form of a technical qualification and/or experience developing, marketing and managing technical and / or scientific and / or industrial products, in an industrial or related sector
- Capacity to travel as required
Please Note: Technical or domain knowledge is a key requirement for this role. This role requires a strong technical leadership and business development ability that requires strong technical and commercial skills
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market-based salary and benefits package.
Ireland, UK, Europe or USA based candidates will be considered in line with time zone and market considerations.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.