About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. We have developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to create manage and build an effective project management discipline for the company at a critical growth stage. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a talented engineering team and contribute to the delivery of Cathx development programs to existing and new customers.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working with multi-disciplined Engineering\Design, and Project Management teams.
This role will be primarily based in our offices in M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co Kildare. The role will report to the CEO.
Engineering Projects Manager
The Project Manager role is key in delivering internal and customer projects on time and within budget. There are a wide range of projects across hardware and firmware/software to delivering fully integrated systems used in subsea data acquisition and automated processing. Key responsibilities are managing the project scope, requirements, cost and risk through to on time delivery and customer acceptance. The successful candidate introduce utilise project management best practices and develop a Cathx project management methodology.
In more detail responsibilities include
- Define and own all project management processes in line with quarterly goal setting.
- Develop and operate a repeatable, scalable project methodology
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and scenario planning for beyond each quarter
- Manage the relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Create and manage the project resource plan. Identify and request appropriately skilled resources for the delivery
- Create and manage a work breakdown structure for project
- Create and manage the project risk register, ensuring all documented risks have mitigation plans, issues are raised promptly managed through to resolution
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and including research and feasibility studies.
- Create and publish project schedule to stake holders,
- Ensure the appropriate level of detail is included for project status updates, ensuring that the project team, internal management and external clients have a clear understanding of the projects health
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Run post project reviews to review performance, assign action and manage those through to closure
- Ensure that all technical project documentation is created and signed up and own all project level materials.
- A degree or similar in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics related discipline
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in the Project Management of medium to large engineering or relevant projects from design through to delivery and customer sign off
- Proven ability to problem solve and use critical thinking
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding\experience of controls & governance through the full project lifecycle.
- Proven experience in successfully delivering multiple challenging projects simultaneously
- Extensive experience is required with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to multi task
- Prince 2 or equivalent certification with demonstrable experience in project management toolsets
The role will be based at our office in Naas, Co. Kildare, however some travel will be required to our Dublin Office. In addition, international client visits will be required on an ad hoc basis.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and PHI.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at https://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement