About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in the development of Underwater Optical Imaging systems. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system based on Machine Vision principles. Our system was conceived to resolve most of the technical constraints associated with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow image and laser data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional tools and provide the data on which the Cathx Image processing platform will be built. We are now planning to develop and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency, precision and automation to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image based measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
We are currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join the company. This role will focus on technical definition and delivery of software products which is and will continue revolutionising the collection and processing of subsea data.
We are currently seeking a Principal Software Products Engineer to join the company. The successful candidate will lead cross functional teams who will lead and actively participate in the identification and delivery of technical solutions to the business organisation. This will include 2D and 3D data geospatial products, inspection products for millimetre and sub-millimetre metrology, machine vision and learning capabilities, high volume data processing, processing workflow management, and image / point cloud processing.
Cathx systems have been designed to enable real time underwater vehicle automation and our developments include both server side, desktop, and embedded systems development.
The role requires tight cooperation with our Engineering, Production, and Service teams in the areas described above as they relate to product strategy and operational product and services developments.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring: Provide technical leadership to development projects and teams. Efficiently work with, lead, and influence engineers of all experience levels, provide regular feedback, and increase capability through mentoring, coaching, recruitment, and development of talent.
- Software Architecture Ownership: Document, monitor, and maintain the software platform architecture at the enterprise level. Be accountable for the most efficient deployment and maintenance of code across the organisation.
- Business Engagement: Provide regular technical leadership and insights to product owners and business units in order to keep them informed of current system capability and roadmap for new feature development.
- Customer Engagement: Meet with key clients to get a ground level understanding of their technical requirements and influence them to see the benefits of effective technical solutions.
- Owning and Driving the Software Product Research & Development roadmap: Identify and deliver early stage requirements from the software and data services roadmap with the objective of linking to the overall strategic product architecture. Quickly deliver prototype / early stage proof of concept applications for business assessment. Conduct research on solutions to support the business in meeting its strategic goals from a product perspective and define and delivery to the strategic product architecture to meet the business needs as they evolve. Keep research and development tightly aligned with market needs / business input.
- Hands-on execution: development, debugging, and optimization of systems, from early stage prototypes to large, complex systems.
- Process and Procedure definition and improvement: Develop, maintain and improve software delivery processes and systems. Drive and improve the quality of software delivery.
- Engineering and Operations support: Play a key role in supporting the Software Manager in delivering the Software and Data Business Unit Plan.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualifications – Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and demonstrable CPD post graduation, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant experience – minimum of 10 years software development experience with at least 5 years proven experience in senior technology leadership and developing a software development and delivery team in a similar size company.
- Proven hands-on commercial development experience with some of the following: C++, C#, Embedded Systems, Machine Vision, Machine Learning, 3D computer graphics or geospatial applications.
- Product Development experience – demonstrable experience in full life cycle product development from concept to delivery.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and to prioritise and resource effectively based on tactical and strategic business needs.
- Demonstratable exceptional communication skills. Have the ability to discuss low level functional implementation with engineers and also explain the same functionality to senior business leaders.
- Knowledge and experience in managing and delivering data and software products or services in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Machine vision
- 3D geospatial visualisation
- Cloud based services
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package
For further information please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at https://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement