Test Lead – This Role Has Now Been Filled
Are you looking for an exciting new Engineering role? Working as part of a dynamic software team, the successful candidate will work as part of a team and contribute to the advancement of the Cathx Camera Software and SOLID Product Suite including computer vision algorithms, image and point cloud processing, and UI development.
About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in the development of Underwater Optical Imaging systems. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system based on Machine Vision principles. Our system was conceived to resolve most of the technical constraints associated with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow image and laser data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional tools and provide the data on which the Cathx Image processing platform will be built. We are now planning to develop and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency, precision and automation to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic research, Environmental monitoring and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
About the Role
Software is central to all Cathx products which typically deploy embedded software on a Linux ARM based platform with a range of software products for Data Processing and Visualisation, Realtime Control and Machine Vision. The software products are developed in C++, C#, and Python, and running in a Windows environment.
This role will report to the Software Development Manager. This is a full-time opportunity and will be based in our Dublin office (DCU Alpha, Glasnevin Dublin 9) with occasional visits to the Cathx Ocean Facility in M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co Kildare.
- Build out test plans and schedules for software development projects. Agree timelines and schedules with the Technical Lead. Monitor and report on progress.
- Hands-on software testing and testing automation, individually and as part of a team.
- Work with other engineering leads and managers to schedule the time of subject matter experts for test events if and when required.
- Plan, manage and report any system test events using external facilities both in Ireland and abroad.
- Ensure that testing processes and procedures are agreed with stakeholders, documented and published.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of the software testing and automation strategy for software and firmware.
- Contribute to systems and software documentation efforts.
- Ensure the status of tickets in JIRA reflect the most recent changes in the project.
- Support the production teams during system functional testing.
- Assist in level 2 support on-call, triaging or resolving customer support issues if and when required.
- Mentor and coach new colleagues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (preferred) or Degree in Electrical Engineering or computer related disciplinary, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years industry experience in a Test Engineering role with at least 2 in a Test Lead role
- Working experience with Windows, and Linux, and networking protocols
- Ability to work well as part of a team and build effective relationships across the business
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in test process definition and implementation
- Experience in JIRA or similar test defect/case tracking tool
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or a computer related discipline
- ISTQB qualification
- Exposure to physical systems or hardware, or familiarity with embedded systems
- Exposure to 3D / vision systems
Remuneration and Benefits
Cathx Ocean offers a very competitive market-based salary and benefits package that includes:
- Starting Holidays 22 + 1 additional day for each year of service capped at 25 days;
- Employers Pension contribution – 2% of gross salary;
- Benefit Allowance of €1,000 per full time employee per annum;
- Education Sponsorship program;
- Flexi Start and Finish Arrangements, plus more
Applications For This Role Have Closed
If you are interested in applying to Cathx Ocean, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at https://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement
Cathx Ocean is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.