About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. We have developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to assist in the rapid growth of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team to support our clients in maximising Cathx systems to their full potential.
This role will be based in our offices in M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co Kildare. The role will report to the Customer Operations Manager.
As a member of the Customer Operations team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with Cathx Oceans key customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- Own and drive the Customer Experience throughout the lifecycle of the Service Request through to resolution.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Hardware, software and field engineers to resolve customer product issues.
- Raise issues according to Standard Operating Procedures within the team.
- Use internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Maintain customer portal sites to ensure they up to date with latest software, system configurations and documentation
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical manuals
- Ensure that FAQs and knowledge bases are contain accurate and up to date information.
- Participate in the processing of customer data
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good social, communication and customer service skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic or ambiguous situations.
- Minimum 1 years work experience in a highly technical domain.
- Good understanding in at least one of the following technologies:
- Networking, Storage, Linux, Windows, TCP/IP, Photography, terrestrial or subsea survey
- Desire for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and PHI.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note that Cathx Ocean recruitment is managed by a third party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with Cathx Ocean can be viewed at http://cathxocean.com/careers/privacy-statement