AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLE IMAGING & LASER SYSTEM
Unique Technical Features Deliver Unparalleled Efficiencies
Fully integrated, single-swath system, delivering high-resolution still imaging and laser profiling.
PRECISION INTEGRATED IMAGING & MEASUREMENT
- Still imaging – UHD stills resolution of 4096 x 2304 pixels up to 7 fps. HD stills resolution of 2048 x 1152 pixels up to 30 fps.
- Laser imaging – Laser resolution of 100,000 points and 50 lines per second from green penetrating laser. Dense 3D laser point cloud data synchronised with stills in time and space.
- Sequential imaging – 1 to 5 light pulses per millisecond, interleaved with laser and other sources, allow for high-speed AUV operation.
EXTENSIVE OPERATIONAL RANGE
- Operational heights of 1 to 10 metres (depending on light configurations).
- 1:1 swath to height ratio, single-swath system, with swaths of up to 10 metres possible
HIGH PRECISION OUTPUTS
- High-resolution still and laser imaging enables millimetre precision. The system operates at distances up to 10 metres and speeds of up to 5 knots.
- A fully calibrated system, including post-acquisition recalibration capability.
- Time-stamped, co-registered, fully integrated still, laser and video metadata, output in EXIF format, improves post-process workflow.
- Three-pronged data collection and interrogation with other sensors produce further workflow efficiencies.
REDUCED OPERATION TIMES
- High visibility and extended range enable non-stop, high-speed operations, delivering time and cost efficiencies.
REAL-TIME QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Real-time still, laser and video data feeds allow instantaneous quality assurance and post-acquisition calibration, ensuring results are not compromised by misalignment or changes in environmental conditions
- Compatibility with clients’ existing workflows and with Cathx Ocean eventing, positioning and Solid software, optimises efficiencies in data processing.
- Full imaging and laser measurement system designed for AUV operations
- Host vehicle can automatically adjust data collection profiles
- Collects both image and measurement data sequentially
- Captures high-quality images where motion blur is eradicated.
- Reduces the effect of marine snow/debris in the water column.
- Improves event classification and counting through the high pixel resolution.
- Collects millimetre accurate 3D data.
- Dual data deliverables are available as an alternative to process-intensive photogrammetry.
- Spatially co-registered, geo-tagged, timestamp and other survey information are stored with the data to support year-on-year reviews.
- Access to industry-leading subsea imaging and measurement systems at an affordable cost.
- Access to automated features such as Pipeline Tracking and Free span Detection.