This role is no longer available.
About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the GIS Data Processing Specialist will be responsible for the processing and quality control of subsea survey data acquired by our team and development/maintenance of internal processes. The role is primarily office-based but can include overseas or vessel-based work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position include but are not limited to:
- Building out of processing plans prior to mobilisation. Working with and gaining buy-in from the acquisition team on the plans, and contributing to the acquisition planning phase of the project.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to develop a delivery schedule for project data.
- Undertake processing of Cathx survey data such as UHD images, laser data and a range of GIS deliverables.
- Regular reporting of progress to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Engaging with client representatives as required.
- Maintenance of the processing log.
- Working with other sensor data, such as multibeam echo sounder, and working with raw and processed navigation data.
- Contribute to project-level lessons learnt initiatives.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the data processing processes and quality control checks.
- Gather metrics on data processing performance.
- Maintain data processing and storage appliances.
- Contribute feedback on proprietary internal processing software.
- Ensure data management is in line with company policies and procedures.
- A Diploma or Degree in Earth Science, Computer science or Mathematics, or industrial experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a GIS data processing role, delivering lidar, photogrammetry, 3D models.
- Have excellent data recording, interpretation, report writing and communications skills.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines, which at times can result in time and workload pressures.
- Ability to triage priorities to ensure deadlines are met with deliverables of a high quality.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a highly independent environment.
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice to assist offshore, if required.
- Detail-orientated and highly organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Postgraduate degree, diploma, ongoing professional development in Hydrographic surveying, Hydrography, Geomatics, Geographical information systems.
- Experience in Pix4d/Agisoft Metashape/Recap/Global Mapper/Cyclone – GIS software, Quantum GIS, QGIS, Arc GIS or similar beneficial.
- Knowledge of hydrographic processing software, such as NaviModel, Fledermaus, and Caris.
- Project involvement within geophysical, renewable, nearshore survey, construction.
- Some knowledge of photography and photo imaging concepts.
- Some exposure with scripting languages such as Python.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company will offer a very competitive market based salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.