About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in underwater optical imaging systems for Fast Digital Inspection and Automation. We have developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with traditional optical imaging underwater reducing the vessel cost and carbon footprint of subsea inspection and measurement operations by up to 70%
Cathx systems allow data to be collected in a fraction of the time taken for traditional imaging systems and also provide the foundation on which Cathx automation technologies for unmanned and autonomous subsea operations are being built.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Energy, Environmental monitoring, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information at scale. .
About the Role
The expansion of the Cathx commercial team includes the addition of a Senior Business Development Representative.
Due to Covid 19 and travel restrictions Cathx is anticipating that our sales activities will involve a substantial element of remote selling for 2021 and thereafter. How we sell and develop our business has changed and we are recruiting a world class commercial and product team to expand our footprint globally in the Energy, Environmental and Oceanographic sectors.
The key objectives of the Business Development representative will be to fill pipeline with sales accepted leads. This role will focus on front-line prospect outreach with the goal of generating qualified opportunities for our sales team.
This role requires an experienced Sales professional who has the ability to research our industries, identify prospects, and to develop these prospects to leads and opportunities. The role is to build strong relationships with potential customers and decision makers at multiple levels in our prospective client organisations.
This is a “top of funnel” sales role that requires an ability to understand and segment our customer base and to develop outbound sales systematically within the sales team to deliver successful sales outcomes.
- Define and execute prospecting strategies to identify potential customers and initiate initial outreach with potential customers.
- Goal is to fill pipeline with sales accepted leads (definition to be agreed)
- Work with commercial team to segment target markets and identify potential product/market fit segments for Cathx products/ solutions
- Identify appropriate target contacts within agreed market segments
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer
- Determine initial levels of interest
- Support sales team throughout lifecycle of an opportunity – arranging demos, providing follow-on collateral etc.
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist of Cathx’s extensive list of products and services
- Produce creative strategies for targeting decision-makers at prospect accounts
- Act as the voice of Cathx as we execute and explore new channels of acquiring business
- Work closely with marketing and product management
- Keep the company CRM (Salesforce) up to date and issue weekly reports on progress vs plan
- Degree in Business, Communication or related field
- Strong technical understanding/ demonstrated ability to understand complex technical products
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a quota carrying position
- Experience with outreach prospecting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience with marketing automation solutions is an advantage
Ireland, UK, Europe or USA based candidates will be considered in line with time zone and market considerations.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and PHI.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.