Are you looking for an exciting new Engineering role? Working as part of a dynamic software team, the successful candidate will work as part of a team and contribute to the advancement of the Cathx Camera Software and SOLID Product Suite including computer vision algorithms, image and point cloud processing, and UI development.
About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in the development of Underwater Optical Imaging systems. The company has developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system based on Machine Vision principles. Our system was conceived to resolve most of the technical constraints associated with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow image and laser data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional tools and provide the data on which the Cathx Image processing platform will be built. We are now planning to develop and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency, precision and automation to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic research, Environmental monitoring and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
About the Role
Software is central to all Cathx products which typically deploy embedded software on a Linux ARM based platform with a range of software products for Data Processing and Visualisation, Realtime Control and Machine Vision. The software products are developed in C++, C#, and Python, and running in a Windows environment.
This role will report to the Test Lead. This is a full-time opportunity and will be based in our Dublin office (DCU Alpha, Glasnevin Dublin 9) with occasional visits to the Cathx Ocean Facility in M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co Kildare.
- Hands-on software testing and testing automation, individually and as part of a team.
- Assist and support the Test Lead/Manager to achieve the roadmap project.
- Ensure following the test procedure and report the issues during the test.
- Working closely with the software developers to creating the test cases and articulate any issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (preferred) or Degree in Electrical Engineering or computer related disciplinary, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to exposure the issues against requirements.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and build effective relationships across the business.
- Familiarity with Windows, and Linux, and networking protocols.
- ISTQB qualification
- Experience with JIRA or similar tool
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Git
- Experience with writing automatic tests for windows applications and embedded system
- Intermediate/Advanced level Python.
Remuneration and Benefits
Cathx Ocean offers a very competitive market-based salary and benefits package that includes:
- Starting Holidays 22 + 1 additional day for each year of service capped at 25 days.
- Employers Pension contribution – 2% of gross salary.
- Benefit Allowance of €1,000 per full time employee per annum.
- Education Sponsorship program.
- Flexi Start and Finish Arrangements, plus more.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.