Cathx Ocean designs and manufactures advanced subsea imaging & precision measurement systems for underwater vehicles and robots. Our products and services are based on advanced imaging and laser systems, designed to reduce, and eliminate the ship from subsea operations through intelligent processing of acquired data for automation and robotics
Cathx Ocean products today are used on specialist underwater vehicles to perform critical and difficult inspection and measurement operations for Oceanography, Energy, Salvage and environmental monitoring in the deepest ocean waters. Our ambition is to accelerate the development of robotics & automation for uncrewed and autonomous vessels through unique systems and services allowing ocean image information to be collected and processed in real-time.
Over the coming year, Cathx wishes to appoint a number of international Senior Sales Executives to build its customer base worldwide. The role is responsible for delivering sales globally and reports to the Director of sales. This is a business development/customer acquisition role that requires strong new business skills.
What your Job will look like
Outbound & Inbound Lead Management: You will identify and qualify relevant outbound sales leads in the company’s markets and segments in line with the company product range. You will also qualify inbound leads and initiate the sales cycle.
Senior Level Opportunity Management: You will be responsible for initiating and managing critical sales conversations with technical and operations personnel, users, and procurement and potentially with senior management. You will be interacting with personnel that includes decision-makers at client companies and government organisations.
Business & Technical Proposal Preparation: You will work closely with Operations & Technical colleagues to prepare impactful presentations and effective client proposals based on the company product and service offerings.
Sales Cycle Activities: This role is responsible for managing the entire sales cycle from initial prospecting to close for both new and existing customers. This will include the provision of monthly and quarterly sales forecasts and weekly tracking and reporting of sales pipeline activities and outcomes.
International Travel: The company sells to clients globally and travel will be required. At least 50% of your time per month is likely to involve travel to client companies and trade shows.
- Meet the monthly, quarterly, and annual Revenue targets
- Meet per-product targets
- Deliver the optimal mix of deal and customer sizes
- Grow revenue per client with time
- Maintain salesforce and report weekly on activities through salesforce
You will be selling to: Globally based multinational companies in the offshore oil & gas and wind energy sectors, underwater vehicle manufacturers, government agencies (e.g. Environmental protection agencies, Navy), universities, and oceanographic & marine services companies involved in shallow and deep water environmental monitoring.
Your target audiences will include senior commercial, technical, and operations people. The territory is global but confined to niche markets in underwater operations with a well-defined customer and prospect base.
Skills / Background & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ international-level sales experience.
- Strong customer acquisition and new business-building skills.
- Evidence-based track record of acquiring new customers and new business in the subsea technology area.
- Consultative (and related multi-stakeholder) selling skills – ideally with formal training/qualification. It will be an advantage to have worked with pre-sales, technical, and operations personnel, especially at the opportunity management stage of deals.
- Technical acumen and awareness in the form of a technical qualification and/or experience selling a technical and/or scientific and/or industrial product or solution, in an industrial-related sector.
- Capacity to travel abroad 50%+ of the time per month. Please Note: While technical or domain knowledge is an advantage, it is not the primary qualifier. This is a business development/customer acquisition role that requires strong new business skills.
Ideal Candidate & Development Potential:
This is a senior hire for the company. The successful candidate will initially build sales of existing products and services and lay the foundations for growing the company’s recurring revenue business. This is an opportunity to join a thriving company at a high-growth turning point.
This is an ideal role for someone who can generate and close new business and at the same time show leadership skills and potential that lift the whole organisation.
Relevant commercial experience in a technology company supplying physical hardware and software products, in the subsea sector is a requirement.
Product & sales-related training will be provided covering value proposition, CRM, Reporting, lead generation, and messaging.
Based on a proposed plan for developing new business in Year 1, a detailed compensation plan will be agreed with the successful candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org