Cathx Ocean designs and manufactures advanced subsea imaging & precision measurement systems for underwater vehicles and robots. Our products and services are based on advanced imaging and laser systems, designed to reduce and eliminate the ship from subsea operations through automation and robotic systems intelligent processing of acquired data.
Cathx Ocean products today are used on specialist underwater vehicles to perform critical and difficult inspection and measurement for Oceanography, Energy, Salvage and environmental monitoring in water depth up to six kilometres. Our ambition is to accelerate the development of underwater robotic automation systems for uncrewed and autonomous vessels through unique and patented systems and services allowing ocean image information to be collected and processed in real time and in scale.
Cathx now wishes to appoint an International Senior Sales Executive to build its customer base worldwide. The role is responsible for delivering sales globally and reports to the CEO. This is a business development / customer acquisition role that requires strong new business skills.
What your Job will look like
Outbound & Inbound Lead Management: You will identify and qualify relevant outbound sales leads in the company’s niche markets and segments per product range. You will also qualify inbound leads and initiate the sales cycle.
Senior Level Opportunity Management: You will be responsible for initiating and managing critical sales conversations with senior management, technical and operations personnel, as well as users and Procurement. You will be interacting with personnel that includes senior decision-makers at multinational and global corporations and government agencies and with owners and CEOs of industry suppliers.
Business & Technical Proposal Preparation: You will work closely with Operations & Technical colleagues to prepare impactful presentations and effective proposals. Sales deals will have an internal review process before being signed to ensure that the company is delivering on its promises.
Sales Cycle Activities: This role is responsible for managing the entire sales cycle from initial prospecting to close for both new and existing customers. This will include the provision of monthly and quarterly sales forecasts and reporting pipeline and activity.
International Travel: The company sells to a clients globally and travel will be required. At least 50% of your time per month is likely to involve travel to the U.K. and / or USA and Europe, with a smaller amount of travel to Asia.
- Meet the monthly, quarterly and annual Revenue target.
- Meet per product targets.
- Deliver the optimal mix of deal and customer sizes ranging from EUR80,000 – EUR500k+
You will be selling to: Globally based multinational companies in the oil & gas and wind sector, marine vehicle manufacturers, government agencies (e.g. Police, Navy), universities and Oceanographic & Marine Services (e.g. surveyors).
Your target audiences will include senior commercial, technical and operations people. The territory is global but confined to niche markets in underwater operations with a well-defined customer and prospect base.
Skills / Background & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 year’s international-level business development experience.
- Strong customer acquisition and new business building skills.
- Evidence-based track record of acquiring new customers and new business.
- Consultative (and related multi-stakeholder) selling skills – ideally with formal training / qualification. It will be an advantage to have worked with pre-sales, technical and operations personnel, especially at the opportunity management stage of deals.
- Technical acumen and awareness in the form of a technical qualification and / or experience selling a technical and / or scientific and / or industrial product or solution, in an industrial or related sector.
- Capacity to travel abroad 50%+ of the time per month. Please Note: While technical or domain knowledge is an advantage, it is not the primary qualifier. This is a business development / customer acquisition role that requires strong new business skills.
Ideal Candidate & Development Potential:
This is a senior hire for the company. The successful candidate will initially build sales of existing products and services and lay the foundations for growing a recurring revenue business. There is the opportunity to join an already thriving company at a high-growth turning point.
This is an ideal role for someone who can generate and close new business and at the same time show leadership skills and potential that lift the whole organisation.
Relevant commercial experience in a technology company supplying physical hardware and software products, in the subsea sector is an advantage.
Product & sales-related training will be provided covering value proposition, CRM, Reporting, lead generation and messaging.
Based on a proposed plan for developing new business in Year 1, a detailed compensation plan will be agreed with the successful candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org