About Cathx Ocean
Cathx Ocean are world leaders in Underwater Optical Imaging systems for machine learning. We have developed the world’s first built for purpose Subsea Imaging system, resolving most of the technical constraints with optical imaging underwater. These systems allow data to be collected in one tenth of the time taken with traditional imaging systems and also provide the data on which the Cathx Machine Learning hardware platform will be built. We are now planning to build and release a full suite of subsea applications and technologies to deliver efficiency and precision to a range of underwater operations.
Our customers operate in a diverse number of markets including Offshore Oil and Gas, Subsea Cables, Renewable energy, Deep water search and Salvage, Oceanographic and Subsea Archaeology. We are changing how they see underwater and how image and measurement data can be converted to reliable and actionable information.
About the role
Due to further expansion, Cathx Ocean are seeking to hire an Operations Engineer for the Services & Operations group. The successful candidates will work as part of a team to integrate new & existing products onto client vehicles, provide full end to end data acquisition and processing services and contribute to the advancement of the Cathx Product Suite including next generation cameras, automated eventing and data processing
The roles will report to the Services Operations Manager and will involve global travel and time offshore.
- Participate in the development of Client solutions based on their requirements (equipment selection, integration design (i.e. electro-mechanical), detailed project planning etc).
- Provide new system commissioning support, onshore mechanical & electrical integration support or troubleshooting on Client’s site
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support to troubleshoot client issues, including support the Root Cause Analysis of any issues.
- Work collaboratively with other departments during the development, launch of new hardware products, product features and services.
- Provide internal and external training on our hardware & software solutions
- Execute offshore data acquisition, QC and processing activities as required
- Participate in the planning and execution of internal trials (i.e., new products, services) collate experimental or investigative data etc.
- Documenting & updating processes for future workscope efficiency, consistency, and continuous improvement
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualifications – A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering (or equivalent industry experience.)
- 2 years or more offshore field engineering or project engineering experience in a technical role
- Experience in any or all the following areas is a plus: working in the offshore industry, sub-sea surveying, ROV/AUV maintenance, exposure to processing of data acquired by ROV/AUV vehicle sensors
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate all or some of the following:
- Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Knowledge of structured problem-solving techniques
- Self-motivated with ability to work alone or within a larger team.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of typical system debugging equipment such as oscilloscope’s, isolation meters, function generators
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic abilities with common 3D CAD applications (i.e., SOLIDWORKS)
- Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings
The Operations Engineer role can be office based in Naas Co. Kildare or remotely, with travel to head office in Ireland for monthly meetings or as required to successful carry out responsibilities and to client locations in Europe, Africa, South America, and Australia for in office and vessel-based work.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, income protection, life assurance and an Employee Assistance Programme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com